CHF Revolving Loan Fund: Preservation Loans
Successful historic preservation requires collaboration and a creative mix of resources. The Colorado Historical Foundation established the CHF Revolving Loan Fund to provide financing for historic property redevelopment. Work generally must follow the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties.
If the project is eligible and meets our basic criteria, the Foundation is available to work with private owners, nonprofit organizations, public entities, commercial owners and developers. Applicants must demonstrate a business plan or other ability to pay off the loan.
- Flexible repayment schedules, up to five years - no prepayment penalty
- Generally $250K - $750K. Loans outside this range may be considered in certain circumstances
- Below-market fixed interest rates
- Borrower pays 1.5% Commitment Fee and certain closing costs**
- Minimum 10% owner equity (entire project)
- Secured Loans - a property lien and personal-guaranty generally required. Other equivalents may be considered.
Contact Executive Director Catherine Stroh to discuss your project and request an application form. **Download Program Policies & Procedures (v. 01.06.2022)